Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Creativity and New Media

This semester at Baruch I registered for MUSIC 1003, although a very simple class at first it does have its challenges. In this class, obviously the tests are based upon the music that we listen to. The students are expected to be able to listen to a song and recite who is the composer and title of the track. With this new media technology, Spotify, I am able to listen to the music whether I am on my morning commute, taking a walk, running errands, or just trying to do some homework. This app allows me to familiarize myself with the songs and be able to ace the tests! Besides using this for academic reasons, I listen to music daily to unwind especially during my commutes. This innovation of listening to music through your laptops or phones is great and has impacted my life greatly. 

1 comment:

  1. Alisha,

    I definitely agree with you when you say that Spotify links creativity and new media. I have a Spotify account of my own and I create my own playlists depending on my mood or the certain setting Im in. They have also created the platform just like a social media network in order to share music amongst friends. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete